Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekly Blog Plan - May 11-15

Here's the weekly blog plan! Again, please remember this is subject to change and is dependent upon whether or not my materials come in from the library as planned. I realize that this may fall too late for you to use in your classroom this year, but the activities will definitely swing from year-to-year! If you see something you really want to incorporate into your classroom, leave me a comment on this post or send me an e-mail, kateh12783@hotmail.com. I'd be glad to provide you with the links I have, if nothing more!

Monday, May 11 - Children's Book Week
  • Dragon is Coming, Valeri Gorbachev
  • Tacky Goes to Camp, Helen Lester
  • Bobby Bramble Loses His Brain, Dave Keane
Tuesday, May 12 - Limerick Day
  • Dirty Beasts, Roald Dahl
  • A Book of Nonsense, Edward Lear
  • Don't Bump the Glump, Shel Silverstein
  • Grimericks, Susan Pearson
Wednesday, May 13 - Day of the Teacher
  • My Teacher for President, Kay Winters
  • Hooray for Diffendoofer Day, Dr. Seuss
  • This is the Teacher, Rhonda Gowler Greene
Thursday, May 14 - Get Caught Reading Month
  • I Can Read with My Eyes Shut, Dr. Seuss
  • Wild about Books, Judy Sierra
  • Read All About It, Laura Bush
Friday, May 15 - National Pizza Party Day
  • Pete's a Pizza, William Steig
  • The Princess and the Pizza, Mary Jane Auch
  • Pizza for the Queen, Nancy Castaldo
  • The 100th Customer
If you're interested in finding out more information about any of the books reviewed or if you'd like to purchase the books, click the cover image for a link to Amazon.com.

0 comments: