Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekly Blog Plan, May 4-8

Here’s the weekly blog plan! Again, please remember this is subject to change and is dependent upon whether or not my materials come in from the library as planned. I realize that this may fall too late for you to use in your classroom this year, but the activities will definitely swing from year-to-year! If you see something you really wante to incorporate into your classroom, leave me a comment on this post or send me an e-mail, kateh12783@hotmail.com. I’d be glad to provide you with the links I have, if nothing more!

Monday, May 4th - National Hamburger Month
  • Burger Boy, Alan Durant
  • Hamburger Heaven, Wong Herbert Yee
  • The Burger and the Hot Dog, Jim Aylesworth

Tuesday, May 5th - Leo Lionni's Birthday

  • Theodore and the Talking Mushroom
  • Tico and the Golden Wing
  • Nicolas, Where Have You Been?
  • Pezzettino

Wednesday, May 6th - No Homework Day

  • Berenstain Bears and the Homework Hassle, Stan and Jan Berenstain
  • Jingle Bells, Homework Smells, Diane deGroat

Thursday, May 7th - National Bike Month

  • The Bicycle Man, Allen Say
  • Sally Jean, the Bicycle Queen, Cari Best
  • My Rows and Piles of Coins, Tololwa M. Mollel

Friday, May 8th - Mother's Day (Sunday, May 10th)

  • My Mom, Anthony Browne
  • Someday, Alison McGhee
  • If I Could: A Mother's Promise, Susan Milord

If you're interested in finding out more information about any of the books reviewed or if you'd like to purchase the books, click the cover image for a link to Amazon.com.

0 comments: